What is Social Bookmarking
Social bookmarking is a process of bookmarking website pages on the Web using browser-based tool. Instead of saving social media posts on your browser bookmarks, you can use different platforms to bookmark posts. Social bookmarking uses a form of tagging, which allows users to mark websites they want to bookmark with a keyword like how hashtags work in Twitter.
It allows users to access their bookmarks online, at any time, from any device. It is useful to marketers as users can add, annotate, and share bookmarked pages.
Benefits of Social Bookmarking for SEO
- When you add social bookmarks to the web it helps search engines understand your site.
- It is an effective way to build your online presence.
- It helps Google bots to find and understand your content and speeds up the indexing process.
- When your content appears on a bookmarking site it creates a backlink.
- A social bookmark can boost traffic to your site. The bookmarks you set on your browser can’t do that.
- Get access to high domain authority backlinks for your website to increase your presence on the SERPs.
- Interact with potential collaborators and influencers to grow your online business success.
Top 15 Social Bookmarking Sites with High Domain Authority